On December 28th, 2020, Asia Culture and Art Organization (aka Asia Culture House) and the United Nations in Afghanistan organized virtual dialogue with refugees and refugee rights advocates. 5 Participants discussed the refugee crisis, the future and what it holds, what we need to do now to make the world is a better place to live, and what role the United Nations can play.
The dialogue was part of a series of global consultations that the United Nations’ Secretary-General launched for its 75th anniversary. We thank the following panelists for their unique insights:
- Sultan Ali Javid, Director of Policy and Planning, Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation, Government of Afghanistan,
- Saleh Sepaz, Founder of Parastoo Theatre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia,
- Shuaib Lalee, Founder of Afghanistan People Advocacy Watch, London, United Kingdom,
- Abdul Ghafoor, Founder and Director of Afghanistan Migrants and Support Organization, Kabul, Afghanistan,
- Abbas Arifi, Journalist and survey contributor with the Danish Refugee Council, Afghanistan,
- Khodadad Shoayb, Fulbright Alumnus, Vancouver, Canada.
The following is a summary of this discussion:
Facebook Live can be accessed here.