On December 24th, 2020, Asia Culture and Art Organization (aka Asia Culture House) and the United Nations in Afghanistan organized a dialogue with environmental activists in Kabul. We thank Avicenna University for their technical support in organizing the dialogue. Five panelists discussed the environmental crisis, the future and what it holds, what we need to do now to make the world is a better place to live, and what role the United Nations can play.
The dialogue was part of a series of global consultations that the United Nations’ Secretary-General launched for its 75th anniversary. We thank the following panelists for their unique insights:
- Mohammad Sadiq Dehqan, Lecturer, Avicenna University,
- Masihullah Safi, Lecturer, Professor Rabbani University,
- Sediqa Fahimi, Director, Asia Culture House,
- Hussain Ali Jawadi, Lecturer, Bamyan University,
- Yasin Sitez, Environmental Activist,
- Zohra Karimi, Environmental Activist.
You can access the dialogue video here. The following is a summary of this discussion, prepared by Masooma Masih: